Monday, September 10, 2012

Another Fun Mommy Moment

So this past weekend, I threw a baby shower for one of my dearest friends.  She loves Hawaii, is naming her daughter Emmalani, so of course I had to throw a Hawaiian Baby Shower.  I'm thrilled to report that everyone seemed to have a genuinely wonderful time . . . especially the mommy-to-be.  Here are some pictures of the shower.
The "poo poo" (according to my daughter) cake!

Fun fondant toppings for our pina colada cupcakes.  I found the tops from sellers on ETSY.
Check out this gorgeous Hawaiian baby fondant top for the Mother-to-Be's cupcake! 
simple glass vases from Oriental Trading, with blue glass stones and faux orchid buds from Michaels

another shot of the poo poo cake

Vases with shells on the bottom and floating sea star candles on top.  The table runner was found at Oriental Trading.

My grandmother's ukelele, and a vase of chocolate hibiscus lollipops

Gift Bags for the winners of our games.

Beautiful Welcome Baby Emmalani banner from ETSY

Everyone got "leid"  ;)

hula skirt curtain with tiki lanterns

my bassinet with personalized blanket for Emmalani.  This is where we gathered everyone's gifts.

Our favors baskets plus name tags


I made the tags . . . they say "welcome to the world baby girl" in Hawaiian.  The bags were found on Etsy.  Cute little tiki/ocean soaps!

I couldn't resist adding this cutie patootie picture of my daughter having a blast at Grandma/Poppa's  while I was working.  


No comments:

Post a Comment